Prishtina Press is the first newspaper of Kosovo (Kosova) since the independence of 17 February 2008. It was founded in 2008 with the initiative for communication, development, justice and creating a forum for local and global affairs focusing on the creation of the newest state, Kosovo.
Prishtina Press was initially published from 2008 -2010 as monthly and later weekly with over 3000 copies in Prishtina, Kosovo. Today Prishtina Press has expanded to a online English-Albanian publication.
Prishtina Press is an official newspaper of Kosovo. Historically Prishtina Press grew out of the need to provide information that connects the political institutions with the public. That need still persists, therefore the mission of Prishtina Press is defined as below:
- To serve as an active digital diplomacy tool to reflect foreign policy issues.
- To promote an understanding of the Albanian-American culture and strengthen Albanian-American relations.
- To foster unity among the Albanian diaspora and serve as a multicultural instrument of education.
- To provide readers with the most up to date news, accurate information at both national and international level.
- To support the talents upcoming and established in United States.
- To provide a forum for a free expression of views independent from political or religious interest.